DATE: October 2022
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Personal Lines
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Personal Lines
Responsible for making a positive and professional impression on people who call or visit our agency, focusing on friendly, efficient and prompt communication. Determine client needs and refer to appropriate staff member for assistance. Review all policies, endorsements and cancellations issued by insurance companies assuring accuracy in coverages and documentation in agency computer system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Personal Lines Technician
- Maintain working knowledge of computer systems and websites needed to perform duties.
- Secure transaction reports from company websites and process all information in agency computer system.
Review non-downloading renewal policies for specific criteria as outlined by management. Determine premium changes and document renewal policy in agency computer system as outlined in Procedures Manual.
Review policy endorsement dec pages for accuracy, document premium changes in agency computer system. Refer corrections back to Account Managers for processing
- Review company cancellations issued and determine reason for cancellation. Document transaction in agency computer system as outlined in Procedures Manual.
- Review new policies, comparing policy issued to coverages quoted and/or indicated on signed application. Document new policies in agency computer system and generate appropriate letters and next steps in new business workflow.
- Enter claim payment information in agency computer system for non-downloading carriers.
- Assume other duties or projects as required and assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/agency management system, multi-line phones, copiers, filing cabinets/sorting trays, and fax inboxes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITON TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Consistent attendance is required at the workplace to perform essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.